- This event has passed.
Communication Skills for Better Networking
November 30, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
In today’s competitive business climate, it’s important to make a positive impression. When it comes to face to face meetings, are your interpersonal skills good enough? Or, how do you fare at work networking events? Do you find it easy to make new connections and contacts, or do you usually end up hovering in the corner, or gluing yourself to the one person whom you know?
In this special half-day workshop, social and cultural anthropologist, Jean Smith, will share with you exactly what to do to improve your interpersonal communication skills making it easier for you to perform well at work. The chance to make valuable connections is always important. Knowing what to do and how to do it will ensure your new found ability to create opportunities.
This workshop will cover:
How to build a long-term relationship with clients
- How to start interactions with the right mindset
- How to maximise your time at networking events
- How to efficiently utilize your time with positive clients by learning how to do the following:
Approach Method: How to approach and interact with the client; both individuals and groups
The perfect opener – What you should say
Moving it on from small talk
How to ask a good question
Reading body language as a success monitor
The graceful exit – How to leave an interaction without feeling awkward
At the end of this class, attendees will be able to:
- Confidently make contacts and improve connections with clients
- Enter and exit interactions with clients with ease
- Build upon existing relationships with clients
*We are sorry. This is a closed event.